What is this class about?
- This class is your manual for early parenthood!
- Learn about baby’s needs and practice a gentle and intuitive approach to baby care that encourages bonding.
- Includes a breastfeeding video course taught by an experienced Lactation Consultant (IBCLC), so you feel totally prepared to feed your baby from Day 1.
- Designed to help you adjust, feel confident in your abilities as a new parent, and ultimately, relish new parenthood instead of just trying to muddle through.
Who is it for?
- Expecting parents who want to prepare for all that happens after baby arrives!
What topics does it cover?
Class is broken into 2 Parts:
- In-Person Class Session Covers:
- Postpartum care
- Newborn procedures
- Safe sleep options
- Baby wearing
- Disposable & cloth diapering
- Baby comfort & soothing techniques
2. Breastfeeding Video Course Covers:
- Instructions on how to breastfeed
- Tips on how to properly latch and prevent nursing pain
- How to know if your baby is getting enough milk
- Troubleshooting problems
- Returning to work and pumping your milk
- Nursing in public with confidence
- Homecoming Workbook
- 4 hour live class including hands-on practice of baby care skills
- Breastfeeding video course (3.5 hours) to be viewed at home
Upcoming Class Dates:
- Saturday, March 17, 2018 – 1-5 PM
- Saturday, June 9, 2018 – 1-5 PM