Planning a Hospital Birth?
- Birth Boot Camp’s Hospital Birth Class offers complete childbirth education focused on the unique needs of women and their partners giving birth in a hospital.
- Classes provide a fun, date-night atmosphere to focus on the connection between you, your partner, and your growing family.
- The curriculum is based on the belief that birth is natural and your body was made to do this. We want to help you have an amazing birth!
Would You Like to Prepare for Newborn Care & Breastfeeding as well?
- This class series includes Birth Boot Camp’s Homecoming Workshop to help you learn about baby’s needs and practice a gentle and intuitive approach to newborn care that encourages bonding.
- Includes an online breastfeeding course taught by an experienced Lactation Consultant (IBCLC), so you feel totally prepared to feed your baby from Day 1. This portion of class can be viewed from your home computer on your own schedule.
Who is this birth class for?
- Expecting parents planning a hospital birth who want to be able to make informed decisions about their birth and feel prepared for all that happens after baby arrives.
- Those wanting excellent preparation for an unmedicated birth and also information about epidurals, other pain relief options, and cesarean birth, no matter their chosen birthplace.
- Both mom AND dad. Classes prepare you to support each other and work together!
What topics does this birth class cover?
This class is broken into 2 parts:
- In-Person Class Sessions Cover:
- Process of labor & birth
- How to navigate interventions
- Medicated & cesarean birth
- Preparation for natural birth
- Comfort measures & relaxation
- Labor practice & positions
- Mental & emotional preparation for birth
- Special focus on giving dad tools to feel prepared
- Postpartum care
- Newborn procedures
- Safe sleep options
- Baby wearing
- Disposable & cloth diapering
- Baby comfort & soothing techniques
2. Breastfeeding Video Course Covers:
- Instructions on how to breastfeed
- Tips on how to properly latch and prevent nursing pain
- How to know if your baby is getting enough milk
- Troubleshooting problems
- Returning to work and pumping your milk
- Nursing in public with confidence
- Hospital Birth Workbook
- Homecoming: Baby Care & Breastfeeding Workbook
- 7 Class Sessions, including hands-on practice and viewing of birth videos
- Breastfeeding course (3.5 hours) to be viewed at home
- Access to lending library of books and DVDs
Upcoming Class Dates:
- Mondays at 7 PM, March 11 – April 22, 2019 (7 sessions; Perfect for May, June, & July due dates)
- Mondays at 7 PM, June 17 – July 29, 2019 (7 sessions; Perfect for Aug, Sept, & Oct due dates)
- See full schedule here