What is this class about?
- Focused on the unique needs of women and their partners giving birth in a hospital.
- Fun, date-night atmosphere to focus on the connection between you, your partner, and your growing family.
- This class also includes Birth Boot Camp’s Homecoming Workshop to help you learn about baby’s needs and practice a gentle and intuitive approach to baby care that encourages bonding.
- Includes a breastfeeding video course taught by an experienced Lactation Consultant (IBCLC), so you feel totally prepared to feed your baby from Day 1. This portion of class can be viewed from your home computer on your own schedule.
Who is it for?
- Expecting parents planning a hospital birth who want to be able to make informed decisions about their birth and feel prepared for all that happens after baby arrives.
- This class is appropriate for all hospital births. It provides excellent preparation for an unmedicated birth and also includes information about epidurals, other pain relief options, and cesarean birth.
- Both mom AND dad. Classes prepare you to support each other and work together!
What topics does it cover?
This class is broken into 2 parts:
- In-Person Class Sessions Cover:
- Process of labor & birth
- How to navigate interventions
- Medicated & cesarean birth
- Comfort measures & relaxation
- Labor practice & positions
- Mental & emotional preparation for birth
- Special focus on giving dad tools to feel prepared
- Postpartum care
- Newborn procedures
- Safe sleep options
- Baby wearing
- Disposable & cloth diapering
- Baby comfort & soothing techniques
2. Breastfeeding Video Course Covers:
- Instructions on how to breastfeed
- Tips on how to properly latch and prevent nursing pain
- How to know if your baby is getting enough milk
- Troubleshooting problems
- Returning to work and pumping your milk
- Nursing in public with confidence
- Hospital Birth Workbook
- Homecoming: Baby Care & Breastfeeding Workbook
- 7 Class Sessions, including hands-on practice and viewing of birth videos
- Breastfeeding video course (3.5 hours) to be viewed at home
- Access to lending library of books and DVDs
Upcoming Class Dates:
- Mondays at 7 PM, August 7 – September 18, 2018 (7 sessions)