What is this class about?
- Complete childbirth education, so you know your options and can confidently make the decisions that are best for your unique family.
- Curriculum based on current research to prepare you physically and mentally for a healthy pregnancy and a birth you will love.
- Based on the philosophy that birth is natural and your body was made to do this.
- Fun, date-night atmosphere to focus on the connection between you, your partner, and your growing family.
- Birth Boot Camp covers everything you need to know to prepare for the day you finally get to meet your baby!
Who is it for?
- Couples, both mom and dad. Classes prepare you to support each other and work together!
- Designed especially to prepare you for natural birth. Not sure you want a medication-free birth? Classes are comprehensive and will teach you about ALL birth options. Read more about how classes can help you have the birth you want.
- It’s recommended to start classes during your 2nd trimester of pregnancy.
What topics does it cover?
- Nutrition and exercise
- Relaxation and comfort measures
- Process of labor and birth
- Special focus on helping dad feel prepared
- Navigating interventions
- Ways to avoid a cesarean
- VBAC & special circumstances
- Writing a birth plan
- First hours after birth
- Newborn testing and procedures
- Adjusting to life with your new baby
- Baby care that encourages bonding
- 25 hours of instruction, including hands-on practice and viewing birth videos
- 170+ page full-color workbook
- Complete downloadable breastfeeding class taught by lactation consultant, Mellanie Sheppard, IBCLC
- Access to lending library of books and videos
- Flexibility! Everyone is busy, so we offer up to 4 online makeup classes if you need to miss a class
Upcoming Class Dates:
- Mondays 7 PM: July 9 – September 17, 2018 (10 sessions – No class Labor Day 9/3)