Wanting to be informed and prepared for birth?
- Birth Boot Camp offers complete childbirth education focused on the unique needs of women and their partners as they prepare to give birth to their first baby.
- Classes provide a fun, date-night atmosphere to focus on the connection between you, your partner, and your growing family.
- The curriculum is based on the belief that birth is a natural part of life and your body was made to do this. We want to help you have an amazing birth!
Wanting to prepare for newborn care & breastfeeding as well?
- This class series includes Birth Boot Camp’s Homecoming Workshop – an entire class session focused on helping you learn about your baby’s needs and practice a gentle and intuitive approach to newborn care that encourages bonding.
- Includes an online breastfeeding course taught by an experienced Lactation Consultant (IBCLC), so you feel totally prepared to feed your baby from Day 1. This portion of class can be viewed from your home computer on your own schedule.
Who is this birth class for?
- Expecting parents who want to be able to make informed decisions about their birth and feel prepared for all that happens after baby arrives.
- Those wanting excellent preparation for an unmedicated birth and also information about epidurals, other pain relief options, and cesarean birth, no matter their chosen birthplace.
- Both mom AND dad. Classes prepare you to support each other and work together!
What topics does this class cover?
This class is broken into 2 parts:
- In-Person Class Sessions Cover:
- Process of labor & birth
- How to navigate interventions
- Pain relief options & cesarean birth
- Preparation for natural birth
- Comfort measures & relaxation
- Labor practice & positions
- Mental & emotional preparation for birth
- Special focus on giving dad tools to feel prepared
- Postpartum care
- Newborn procedures
- Safe sleep options
- Baby wearing
- Disposable & cloth diapering
- Baby comfort & soothing techniques
2. Online Breastfeeding Course Covers:
- Instructions on how to breastfeed
- Tips on how to properly latch and prevent nursing pain
- How to know if your baby is getting enough milk
- Troubleshooting problems
- Returning to work and pumping your milk
- Nursing in public with confidence
- Birth Boot Camp Workbook
- Homecoming: Baby Care & Breastfeeding Workbook
- 7 Class Sessions, including hands-on practice and viewing of birth videos (2.5 hours each)
- Breastfeeding course (3.5 hours) to be viewed at home
- Access to lending library of books and DVDs
Class update regarding COVID-19:
- Currently classes are meeting in person, but class size is kept small in order to allow for social distancing. Class space is limited, so please register early!
- Face masks are optional.
- We offer online make-up classes, if you need to miss class due to illness, so you will not miss any information.
- We are cleaning all frequently touched surfaces before classes and encouraging frequent hand washing.
- It is our priority for you to stay safe and comfortable as you prepare for your baby’s birth, while still enjoying the community and support that comes with taking birth classes in person!
Upcoming Class Dates:
- I am currently on maternity leave as I welcome my own baby! New classes for 2024 due dates will be posted here when scheduled.
- See full schedule here