Planning a Natural Birth at Home or a Birth Center?
- This birth class offers complete childbirth education focused on the unique needs of women and their partners planning a home birth or birth center birth.
- Birth Boot Camp’s curriculum is based on the philosophy that birth is a normal part of life and that your body was made to do this. Classes give you all the tools to prepare for a natural birth.
- Fun, date-night atmosphere to focus on the connection between you, your partner, and your growing family.
- This birth class also includes Birth Boot Camp’s Homecoming Workshop to help you learn about baby’s needs and practice a gentle and intuitive approach to newborn care that encourages bonding.
- Includes an online breastfeeding course taught by an experienced Lactation Consultant (IBCLC), so you feel totally prepared to feed your baby from day 1. This portion of class can be viewed from your home computer on your own schedule.
Who is this birth class for?
- Expecting parents planning a natural birth at home or a freestanding birth center.
- Both mom AND dad. Learn to recognize the stages of labor and the needs of a laboring woman. This class has a special focus on helping dads gain hands-on tools to feel prepared to be mom’s #1 support!
What topics does it cover?
This class is broken into 2 parts:
- In-Person Class Sessions Cover:
- Process of labor & birth
- Variations of labor
- Comfort measures & relaxation
- Labor practice & positions
- Mental & emotional preparation for natural birth
- Focus on giving dad tools to feel prepared
- Special considerations for home birth & birth center birth
- Postpartum care for mom & baby
- Newborn procedures
- Safe sleep options
- Baby wearing
- Disposable & cloth diapering
- Baby comfort & soothing techniques
- Breastfeeding Course Covers:
- Instructions on how to breastfeed
- Tips on how to properly latch and prevent nursing pain
- How to know if your baby is getting enough milk
- Troubleshooting problems
- Returning to work and pumping your milk
- Nursing in public with confidence
- Birth Center & Home Birth Workbook
- Homecoming: Baby Care & Breastfeeding Workbook
- 6 Class Sessions, including hands-on practice and viewing of birth videos
- Breastfeeding course (3.5 hours) for viewing at home
- Access to lending library of books and DVDs
Upcoming Class Dates:
- *Changes due to COVID-19*
- Our next Birth Center/Home Birth Class will take place in a hybrid format consisting of online sessions + live virtual class gatherings over Zoom.
- 5-week series that will meet June 16 through July 14, 2020 on Tuesdays at 7pm. Perfect for July, Aug, Sept, & Oct due dates!
- Special discounted cost: $150
- We’d love for you to join us while staying safe at home! Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or read more about this class series here.