Planning a Natural Birth at Home or a Birth Center?
- This birth class offers complete childbirth education focused on the unique needs of women and their partners planning a home birth or birth center birth.
- Birth Boot Camp’s curriculum is based on the philosophy that birth is a normal part of life and that your body was made to do this! Classes give you all the tools to prepare for a natural birth.
- Classes focus on the connection between you, your partner, and your growing family.
- This birth class also includes Birth Boot Camp’s Homecoming Workshop to help you learn about breastfeeding, baby’s needs, and practice a gentle and intuitive approach to newborn care that encourages bonding.
Who is this birth class for?
- Expecting parents planning a natural birth at home or a freestanding birth center.
- Both mom AND dad. Learn to recognize the stages of labor and the needs of a laboring woman. This class has a special focus on helping dads gain hands-on tools to feel prepared to be mom’s #1 support!
What topics does it cover?
Classes meet in a hybrid format including:
- Weekly Online Classes (Sessions 1-5):
- Process of labor & birth
- Comfort measures & relaxation
- Labor practice & positions
- Water birth
- Mental & emotional preparation for natural birth
- Focus on giving dad tools to feel prepared
- Variations of labor including cesarean
- Postpartum care for mom & baby
- Breastfeeding instructions including proper latch & how to prevent nursing pain
- Returning to work & pumping your milk
- Nursing in public with confidence
- Weekly Virtual Class Gatherings over Zoom (Sessions 1-5):
- Discussion of weekly class topics & application to your birth
- Time for Q & A
- Building community & friendships with other expecting couples
- Homecoming Workshop Live In-Person (Session 6):
- Informed choice in newborn testing & procedures
- Safe sleep options for baby
- Baby wearing/carriers
- Disposable & cloth diapering
- Baby comfort & soothing techniques
- Tips for a smooth transition to becoming a family of three
- Birth Center & Home Birth Workbook
- Homecoming: Baby Care & Breastfeeding Workbook
- 6 Class sessions, including hands-on practice and viewing of birth videos
- Access to lending library of books and DVDs
- One-on-one help creating a birth & postpartum plan to support the needs of your unique family!
Upcoming Class Dates:
- Email email@example.com for current schedule!