Planning a Natural Birth at Home or a Birth Center?
- This birth class offers complete childbirth education focused on the unique needs of couples planning a home birth or birth center birth.
- Birth Boot Camp’s curriculum is based on the philosophy that birth is a natural part of life and that your body was made to do this! Classes give you all the tools to prepare for an amazing birth.
- Classes focus on the connection between you, your partner, and your growing family.
- This birth class also includes Birth Boot Camp’s Homecoming Workshop to help you learn about breastfeeding and life with a newborn. We practice a gentle and intuitive approach to baby care that encourages bonding.
Who is this birth class for?
- Expecting parents planning a natural birth at home or a birth center.
- Both mom AND dad. Learn to recognize the stages of labor and the needs of a laboring woman. This class has a special focus on helping dads gain hands-on tools to feel prepared to be mom’s #1 support!
What topics does it cover?
This series is a combination of 2 classes:
- Birth Class (First 5 sessions):
- Process of labor & birth
- Comfort measures & relaxation
- Mental & emotional preparation for natural birth
- Labor & pushing positions
- Benefits & considerations for water birth
- Navigating variations of labor including cesarean
- Postpartum care for mom & baby
- Special focus on giving dad tools to feel prepared
- Homecoming Workshop (6th session):
- Baby comfort & soothing techniques
- Newborn testing & procedures
- Safe infant sleep options
- Instruction on how to breastfeed
- Nursing in public with confidence
- Baby wearing/carriers
- Disposable & cloth diapering
- Tips for a smooth transition to becoming a family of three
- Birth Center & Home Birth Workbook
- Homecoming Workshop: Baby Care & Breastfeeding Workbook
- 6 Weekly class sessions (2.5 hours each), including hands-on practice and viewing of birth videos
- Supplemental breastfeeding course (3.5 hours) to be viewed at home
- Access to lending library of books and DVDs
- Individualized help creating a birth & postpartum plan to support the needs of your unique family!
Upcoming Class Dates:
- Summer Birth Center/Home Birth Class: July 12 – August 16, 2021, Mondays at 7 PM (6 sessions; Perfect for August, September, October, & November due dates)
- See the class schedule page for other class dates or email email@example.com with questions.